What is careerMOVES?
careerMOVES, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with Red Deer College to help unemployed or marginally employed individuals transition into the Supply Chain Industry. This program provides skills training and support to begin your career and to secure entry-level employment in the Supply Chain Sector.
Manpower’s Career Moves program includes:
• 1 week of employment skills training
• 14 weeks of Supply Chain skill training
• 4 week unpaid work experience
• 3 months access to Job Placement Assistance
• Unemployed or marginally employed
• Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• EI eligible view GOA site for details
• Alberta residents 18 years or older
• Ready, Willing and Able to participate in the 19 week (full-time) program
“Work is going good, I enjoy being there, I enjoy my job, working front end, packing and cashier I did my practicum in shipping and receiving which opened my eyes to another side of Costco and worked with some great people. Costco is now training me in the accounting as back up. So many opportunities to learn, I’m interested in stocking so that might be another option for me to look into one of these days, I’m having fun. Thank you again for my opportunity… I appreciated it very much.”
“[The] Instructor was very good, lots of classroom interaction and presentations. Everybody [was] very helpful.”
“I am enjoying the courses and instructors”